The practice related to semester I involves the following aspects:
- Choosing a coordinating professor for the dissertation thesis. It can be subsequently changed (if the situation requires it), the ARACIS regulations establishing as a mandatory deadline for electing the dissertation’s coordinator the 10th week of the 3rd semester.
- Establishing a research – development theme or field.
- The discipline will take into account: scientific documentation in the field of the established topic as well as aspects regarding the elaboration of scientific publications.
- At the end of the 1st semester, the student will propose (these and also others): a title (even a temporarily one) for the dissertation and a set of bibliographic references (articles published in journals or conferences, field-specific books or online articles ) which he used to document the topic.
- Grading is done according to the rules established by the AIA and CTI Departments and the mark will be given by the Dean of the year, by another teacher in charge of the Practice discipline or by the coordinator of the dissertation.
The practice for the 2nd semester follows:
- Critical analysis of the state of the art in the field of the established theme.
- Identifying the points where specific innovative solutions can be researched with and propose further developments.
- Knowledge of the principles of drawing up a research report.
- At the end of the 2nd semester, the student will propose a research-development direction for the dissertation thesis and will detail the parts that motivate the choice of the topic and that describe the current state of the art in the field.
- The evaluation is performed by the professor coordinating the dissertation, the dean of the year intervening only in situations that require it (for example, re-enrolled students who do not yet have a coordinator).
The practice for the 3rd semester follows:
- Proposing and, where appropriate, implementing solutions to the identified problems, as well as establishing expected results.
- Defining the structure and content of a research paper.
- Writing and communication in the field of the topic.
- At the end of the 3rd semester, the student will propose a summary of the dissertation thesis (with emphasis on the solutions considered) and a work plan (with activities and deadlines).
- The evaluation is performed by the coordinating professor of the dissertation.
The practice of the 4th semester is dedicated to elaborating the dissertation and has the following characteristics:
- Makes use of the knowledge acquired in the practice disciplines from the previous three semesters and can use the materials developed at those times.
- It may consider preparing a scientific article for specialized journals or conferences or for Student Scientific Communication Sessions organized by the AIA and CTI Departments.
- The evaluation is performed by the coordinating teacher of the dissertation, who will give a grade.